The idea and of starting a new career or even generating income on line is laden with misconceptions and untruths that must be cleaned up and dispelled. Fact of the matter is that many folks are making killing online while others continue to struggle in their efforts.
Below are 10 misconceptions about internet marketing that need a better look:
- You will get rich quick. Marketing on the internet takes a lot of work. This is not a get rich quick scheme. Like any other endeavor, it takes much time learning and failing before you will succeed. Your success is entirely up to you and your ability to make the best of any resources that are available to you. This includes training as well as following in the footsteps or even working with those who have succeeded in what you are trying to do. In other words, you must work at it and be patient through the various challenges you will face along the way.
- You won't make any money. The truth of the matter is, your key to success is through consistency and persistency. If you are willing to learn and accept failures from time to time, learn from your mistakes and apply that knowledge – the money will come. The key is to not give up. There are lots of people who truly do make money this way.
- Anyone can do this. If you tell your self there is nothing to this, you will set yourself up for guaranteed failure. A profession such as this takes a lot of discipline and most of all the willingness to learn. It takes a lot of hard work and an open mind. You have to be willing to embrace new ideas as they come and take this seriously.
- Not everyone can do this. This is also not true. As long as you can free your mind of skepticism such as these, you have taken your first step. While this profession takes time to figure out, it is not hard to figure out. Remember the only person stopping you is you!
- It is too hard. Look within your self. There is an online business in you. What do you know? What do you like? What do you need that has not been created yet? Answers to these questions and questions like them are the beginnings of you having the ability to set yourself apart from the crowd.
- It will be easy. It will get easier, but you will have to do loads of studying. Spend many hours brainstorming. You will spend many hours reading, writing, and learning what works and what doesn't. It will get tedious and hard to stick to. Persevere, your reward is coming.
- It will only require 2-3 hours a day. At some point you will be able to automate most of your efforts. In the beginning, long hours are not unheard of. I have spent many 18 hour days in front of my computer.
- This is not a real job. Yeah right! You will come across many skeptics. Or worse than that, people who do not reveal skepticism but merely look at you funny. Believe me this is a real job. You will be just as exhausted from working and researching all day as you would sling 50 pound sacks of flour all day. When you are mentally exhausted you will be physically exhausted. You work hard; don't allow the people who minimize your efforts get to you.
- The only good reason to do this is for the money. That could not be further from the truth. There is a lot to gain; the money is a plus of course. Learning will always make you a better person. If you are happy with your self, everyone else will be to. You can't beat the hours.
- It takes years to learn online business. Not true. The best suggestion is to study hard. Read your newsletters and the articles in them. Listen to those who are already successful. They are already telling you what to do and how to do it. Now you just need to listen and learn.
Yep, so there you have it. The most common 10 misconceptions about building ad operating a business on line that is positioned for success. However, building and operation an online business doesn't have to be that hard and elusive. The easiest way to put these misconceptions and falsities behind you is to get the proper training from someone who has succeeded against these odds and take advantage of any reasonable opportunity to learn how to build a viable online business from someone who has done it.
In fact you may want to consider a course such as the one offered by Anthony Morrison. His course is very reasonably priced. It gives step by step (easy to follow) instructions that walk you through the process of building your own business, based on a business model that works, patterned after his very successful business. Furthermore, along the way he highlights and walks you through some of the less obvious challenges of operating a scale-able and continuously viable online business.
I would suggest that you take advantage of his free training and learn more about whet it takes to make it online today.
Click here for Anthony's free training, you will be glad you did.
So feel free to reach out with any questions or comments.
In touch soon,